Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hike and Accident


Today our friend, Sarah, came by for a quick visit and to give us some cilantro.  Avery begged her to read to her in her bedroom. 

Later, we went on a hike with Julie, Jon, Sam, Elizabeth, Anna, and baby Dallon (arm sticking out of Mamma's Moby baby carrier). We had a super time walking a talking with everyone.  We ended up at a park, where the kiddos were playing around.

Then, the most scary thing happened.  The worst mommy moment so far in my life.  (EVERYTHING IS OKAY, but keep reading)  Avery and I went on the slide together and then she went by herself.  I guess I figured by the third time, she could handle it. (I don't even want to write about this part, but I am anyway)  I was talking to Jon, when I heard Avery and turned to see her falling cartwheel stlyle down the steps of the metal slide (10 ft. high or more, I'd say.) I booked it over there to console her, scared out of my mind.  She had just a few scratches on her shoulder, and had scraped her chin somewhere.  But worst of all, there she hit her temple and there was a blue goose egg already forming near her eye.

Jon checked her eyes for dialation, and everything seemed fine.  So we trekked it back to the car, me worried the whole time.  I wasn't sure as to how severe her injury was.  She could have hit her head harder than what it seemed.  She is totally fine, so no one worry.  (I did enough of that last night as I tossed and turned with prayers that I was making the right decision by not taking her to the doctor).  Anyhow, she is a trooper, my Avery.  She is her sweet little self, just a bit black and blue and swollen.  

I wasn't going to post any pictures, because I didn't want to freak anyone out.  But really, she's fine and the bruising isn't going to go away until a few days.  So, the next post with have her face shots so you can see her poor black and blue face.  :(   

No comments:

Post a Comment