Sunday, June 5, 2011

Home Sweet Home Day

One of the first things Avery said today was, "I'm gonna get dressed and get ready to go on an adventure!" 

We didn't take any huge trips today.  But we did have some fun activities around the house.  Most of our morning was spend watching TV (while mommy searched for puppies on the internet).  I have puppy fever, and am dying for a cute cuddly buddy.  Later, she took a break with Dad.  She insisted that he hold her in a box.  Silly goose.

Avery has been calling Chuckles her "best friend."  He has been really good outside lately.  We've been letting him hang out in the front yard with us.  He has been notorious for running off and getting himself into trouble.  Though he is getting old, it is nice that he sticks around and comes when I call him.  The true test will be when he sees a squirrel. 

Avery helped me make lunch today.  I asked her to put the frozen french fries on the baking pan.  When I turned around, she had them all lined up in a row.  Also, I made some flour tortilla chips. I cut them up and asked her to put them into a container for later.  When I checked back with her, I noticed that every single one of them had a bite out of the corner!  In my haste of cutting the ends off, I forgot to take a picture.  But it was a funny mom moment I didn't want to forget to share.


Dad bought a new battery for the riding lawn mower, so we don't have to jump start it anymore.  If you followed our blog last summer, you probably know that she really really really loves to ride on it. 




Of course we spent some time in the back yard: me enjoying the heat, and Avery splashing everything she can with water.  Some sprinklers were going in one of our neighbor's yards today and she asked, "Hey, what is that hearing sound?"
Since it was such a nice evening, and we all ate our dinner without a fuss, we treated ourselves to Baskin Robins Ice Cream. 

Below is a picture of the beautiful sunset we saw as we took a walk to the park.  I LOVE Colorado!


I will leave you tonight with the highlight of the day.  Its in video form.  I just had to try out Avery's new bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment