Saturday, June 4, 2011

"you ARE a good friend"

Avery woke up today with a keen desire to play in her pool.  So when the time was right, I took a strainer to it.  As she watched me scooping out bugs and fallen leaves, her eyes got wide and she came to pat me on the leg.  She said "Mommy!  You ARE a great friend.  I like you!"

We spent the day in search for a working water park. (The two that we had in mind are closed.)  So we went downtown to the spraying fountain near Acacia Park.


There are a few wild fires near here, so the last couple of days have been smokey.  It's cleared up a bit, but it is still difficult to see Pike's Peak. 


After we soaked it up at the water fountain, Avery and I went to Goodwill and found a Mermaid dolly that she played with in her bath.

Her favorite phrase lately is "YOU NEED TO..." Just attach any sort of command on the end and you'll sound like our "little boss."  This evening, she said to me, "You are kind of a naughty mommy."  I asked her why and she responded, "Because you are bossy."

I will end tonight's blog with a picture I took when we went fishing.  It was our last adventure of the day.  I brought worms this time.  But we didn't catch anything.  AS USUAL. 

Tune in tomorrow for a picture of what Avery calls "SILLY and WEIRD!"

No comments:

Post a Comment