Wednesday, June 2, 2010

DAY 1 (A NEW BEGINNING)




Today was full of new beginnings for the Neilson family. No I am not pregnant, so don't even start rumors! Little Miss Avery is turning a new leaf. Here's how it started: Scott and I had layed Avery down for a nap. We were excited for her to sleep because we were enstalling a new hood microwave. (As a side note, Scott is a fan of clean and clear counters, so the countertop microwave had been bugging him for years.) Today was the day to install the new one. After an hour and a half of attempting to install it, we were almost there. Our arms were tired from holding the darned thing up while trying to find the screw holes (ha ha, that makes for a good "That's what she said" joke!). Anyways, we were a bit occupied by the new contraption when we heard Avery wake up from her nap. Sometimes she cries upon waking up, so when we heard her wailing, we thought we would just buy a few more minutes with the microwave installation by letting her wake up a bit more. Anyways, I went into her room 5 minutes later and she was sitting quietly in her crib with one of her legs hanging out. She said "STUCK" and so I tried pulling her leg out. She wasn't kidding. She was really stuck. She cried and I cursed myself for being a bad Mommy. I held myself together for her sake, pulled on the wooden slat and guided her poor leg out. She's okay, just a little bruised. But the crib was going to have to go! Tonight was the night for a big girl's bed! We had one in the garage, so we pulled it out to put in her room. She helped me tighten the bolts as we talked about becoming a big girl. What an adventure this would be! That night, she slept in a big girl's bed all by herself! (I had to lay with her until she fell asleep, but after that, she was sleeping like a, well, a baby!)

No comments:

Post a Comment