Friday, June 18, 2010

DAY 19 (BEACH BUMMIN')

This morning, Avery insisted on wearing Chuckles' collar.  So she wore it as a necklace for quite some time.  I made her do chores while I packed for a day at the beach.  Still wearing her awesome necklace, she watered the plants and swept.  But she refused to do the dishes or vacuum.  I don't know what I am going to do with her if she doesn't start pulling some more weight around here! 
We packed the car up and picked up Aunt Tara and cousins Azaria, Tavia, and Zacharia.  We drove down to Pueblo Reservoir to go swimming at the swimming hole.

Avery is like a duck to water.  She loves it! 

We found a treasure today while I was digging a trench.  (I like to dig out a place to sit in the sand - you know - its like a free, no-hassle beach chair.)  I was digging my trench with my little orange cup when I came across a long-ago buried treasure.  But his wasn't any old treasure like some useless gold coins, or royal pearls.  It was a . . . SHOVEL!   Oh, the irony!

Here, Avery is burying herself with our new found treasure!
Today was a perfect day to go to the beach.  It was hot, but the sporadic breeze helped to cool us off a bit.  And the water was just right!  The only true mishap that we encountered today was a poop filled baithing suit.  Its a good thing a nice lady in the bathroom lent me some shampoo to clean up a soiled suit.  I left off the diaper because this suit has a "built-in" diaper.  *Notice the quotes.  I didn't bring my camera in to take pictures of the mess.  But we left quite a poop trail leading from the stall to the shower. I wonder if I would have really taken a picture. . . That would be kind of sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment