Friday, June 25, 2010

DAY 25 (GRANDMA DAY!)

Well, I have yet to receive any call-backs from E News or Nancy Grace about our UFO sighting.  So instead of sulking about it, I decided spend my thoughts and efforts on having a good time with my mom.  We spent the morning shopping around for some camping gear.  My mom is a Thrift Store enthusiast as well, so we had fun looking at other people's junk.  Some of our purchases included:  1 long sleeping cushion ($7); 1 warm zip-up sweatshirt ($3); 1 umbrella-like food net ($1);  2 grilling racks ($2);  and a partridge in a pear tree. 
Later, Avery enjoyed some time away from me as Grandma took her to the mall to play.  During their adventure together, I shopped at Wal-mart for other particulars.  Of course, I saw some interesting people there like always, but it felt inappropriate to take pictures of them.  However, here are a few descriptive words to help you get the picture: 1) cut-off shorts with only the fringe covering the unmentionables (yes, it was a dude!)  2) female, bleach blonde hair with dark roots showing, scarlet red lipstick that I thought went extinct when my great great grandmother died, penciled on eyebrows that extended a bit too far past the temples (at first, I thought she was wearing some sort of new-age glasses!) and 3) tall lanky teen dressed in mostly black, squeaking mushroom toy dangling from neck, scraggly hair obviously in need of washing. (Normally, this would seem as just normal behavior for a teen boy, but as soon as the entity spoke, I was baffled.  His voice was the highest voice I have ever heard come out of a boy that age.  And he acted like a 6 year old.  Perhaps it was a girl?  I don't know.  But seriously,  I pretended to shop around for marshmallows as I studied this creature for a few more minutes.  After my observation, I have concluded that the gender of this teen was indeterminable.  I left thinking to myself, "Boy, woman.  Something surely has gone wrong with this one."  I said a little prayer asking God to help me do everything in my power to help Avery become the young lady he wants her to be (but please, oh please, God, I pray that she stay away from what every that boy/girl is eating!.)

P.S.  After we got home for the day, we sat out by the pool and blew some bubbles.  The highlight of the day was watching Avery try and stuff a cut up hot dog in her bellybutton!  (Happy Eating!)   

No comments:

Post a Comment