Wednesday, June 16, 2010

DAY 17 (UNDERGROUND PLAYGROUND)






Avery, Scott, and I had a great time together today. We all three got into the pool. After shivering for a bit, Scott dunked all the way in and Avery giggled each time she convinced him to do it again. Avery helped me sweep the floor, and then we BOTH took a nap! After Dad left for work, Avery and I went in search for a cool place to play.



We found ourselves at the Focus On The Family Welcome Center, where they have an underground playground full of great stuff. Here, you can see an airplane ready for adventure.




They also have a Soda Shop right there. So it was a convenient way for me to keep my promise for ice cream. To the left is a picture of the colorful Soda Shop. Below is a shot of Avery digging in!



They have different areas with all sorts of fun things to do. This was a stage room where kids can try on clothes, play with puppets, watch a train whiz by from above, or simply sit in movie theatre seats and watch the going-on!




This is Avery on stage dancing. The really cool thing is that they have a T.V. mounted to where you can see yourself on stage!







Everything about this place is innovative and interesting. The coolest thing still, it that ITS FREE!!!







I am too tall and Avery is too small, but they have a 76ft. slide you can go down if you aren't too scared! I have to borrow a kid just to watch them go down it. Any takers?



We paused to peek at the Peak as well as to talk about airplanes that were going by. I also thought that this cloud looked a bit like Yoshi. But Avery didn't know who Yoshi was, so we moved on.


Next, we went to a pet store to get some worms for the lizard and to get Chuckles a few treats. Avery enjoyed looking at the fish.











. . . while I fell in love with this lizard.






Today's adventures where really fun. We had a great time. I just keep thinking about how much I am not going to want to go back to work after summer is over. :(








No comments:

Post a Comment