Wednesday, June 16, 2010

DAY 16 (NEW POOL)



YEAH! Avery peed in the potty again! I put her on first thing and she tinkled! (I really have to learn Holly's pee pee in the potty song!) Besides that acomplishement, today started off really crappy (sorry about all the potty talk - but I did end up getting really pissed). I had planned a day trip for Avery and me. Our plan was to go to the Pueblo Reservoir to scope out a camping spot for when my mom comes to visit. We packed a lunch and our swimming suits so that we can picnic and swim in the designated swimming area. The first mishap occurred when I failed to see any sign directing me toward the Reservoir. So I drove all the way through Pueblo, turned around, and found a highway that got me to the south end of the Reservoir. By this time I was very much frazzled, but was willing to swallow my frustration and just get to the other side so that Avery could play in the water. When I got to the place to pay, the gentleman there said that I was indeed on the wrong side of the park and that I could pay the $6 to drive through, though the swimming hole is closed! I was beyond flustered, so I just went home. I felt like crying ( I was PMS-ing, so I almost really did). Instead, I opted to drive back home and go to Acacia Park where there is a fountain for kiddos to play in. When I got there, it too was closed. I wanted to crawl into bed, hand Avery off to Dad, eat a bag of chocolate, and go to sleep for the rest of the day. But Scott made things better for us. I called him on my way home whining about my mis-adventure. By the time I got home, he had it in his head to buy a pool big enough for us all to play in. So we spent the rest of the day setting up a pretty good sized pool. As for Avery, she had fun despite my near melt down. Tomorrow, we plan to stay clear of any misfortune.

1 comment:

  1. She’s got stunning eyes. What a gorgeous little creature!

    ReplyDelete