Thursday, July 8, 2010

DAY 38 (BOWLING AND YARD WORK)

(Progress from day 1 to beginning of day 2 on the side yard)

We woke up this morning with lots of ambition.  We started on the yard as soon as we could gulp down a few cups of coffee and clear out the morning cobwebs.  We made a significant dent in the project, though we still have a long way to go. 

There is a gravel pathway that runs through the whole area.  And since we plan to lay sod throughout, the rocks have to go.  Of course, its not just rocks in the pathway.  There is a few decades worth of dirt smashed in with it all, and the rocks have wandered so far outside of the edging, that we had to dig to find where the edging actually was. 



With each scoop of the shovel, I am cursing whoever decided that rock yards are the "it" thing.  After a while of seeming like we are getting nowhere, I hand the shovel to Avery to see what damage she can do.  She doesn't do half bad. Though she'd much rather take a ride in the wheelbarrow.


After about 2pm, it began to storm.  So we moved inside.  While Scott, Avery, and Cheston watched Charlotte's Web, I searched craigslist and found a great slide to purchase for Avery's fort!  Scott is picking it up tomorrow. 

Since it was going to rain off and on for the rest of the evening, we decided to go bowling.  Its not my favorite pastime, as I really suck and it hurts my knuckles.  However, the atmosphere is grand and Avery likes it too.  I did managed to get a couple of strikes (two in a row!) and a third later.  But my score plummeted near the end as my wrist was given out on me.  Scott won both games, though he didn't get a strike until game two I think. 



So today we did a lot of work, and a little bit of play.  Our muscles will be sore tomorrow.  But I'll just have Avery push me around in the wheelbarrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment