Tuesday, July 6, 2010

DAY 36 (GIVE AND TAKE)

We are blessed with such great family and friends.  One of her cousins, Hanna, donated some of her toys to Avery.  So today we spent the day playing with new toys.  Among the new items was a play tent that we set up in her room.  It also came with a crawl tunnel that she found great fun in trying to wriggle through.  We also played with the tons of Lego's that got sent our way.  So after a bit of playing, we decided that it would be a good idea to go through OUR old toys and give them to other babies to play with.  We made an adventure out of going to Goodwill and dropping off a bag. 

Later, we went to the mall to play in the kids' area.  But unfortunately, the area was closed.  Some kid apparently puked in there, so they closed it down for the day.  Hey, at least it gave the security dude something to do.  This year, when I find myself complaining about my job, I am going to think of that dude standing there in his official mall security badge and wide brimmed hat, turning little kids away. There is always a worse way to earn money that what I do I guess.  

This is a picture of Avery stuffing a bag full of teddy bears in the mall.
I forgot to mention that I got this super cool message from my niece, Aliza, in the mail a few days ago.  Isn't she sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment