Monday, July 19, 2010

DAY 49 (FIRST HAIR CUT)

I have been nervous about Avery's first haircut for some time now.  I've only cut her hair once during her sideways mullet days when she was younger.  I have been debating with myself about it for months.  And last night I told myself to knock it off - that it wasn't a big deal.  Its just hair.  She isn't going to change.  She'll still be cute.  But still, I was nervous about it.  But Avery wasn't.  Not one bit. 


We went to Cool Cuts 4 Kids, where she got to pick out a video and sit in a car.  The girl who cut her hair was really nice, and did a great job!  Though I was nervous about the cut to begin with, when I got there, they faded away.  Everything turned out fine, and she looks adorable!

(Scott didn't want me to take his picture because he was wearing a shirt that was too small, so you'll have to excuse the fashion foux pas. (Sp?)

 As it was going in, I just wanted to lay on it.  So I did.  I just kept smiling because it looks really good and feels good too.  Now Avery can run on grass instead of rock and dirt!
We still have some work to do.  We need to stabilize the fence (it almost blew down this past spring) by adding three more fence posts.  But the holes are already to go.  As you can see, the fort needs to be worked on a lot too.  A few bricks need to be cut.  Sand needs to be put in under the fort, etc. etc.  But we have made a HUGE accomplishment by getting this far!

No comments:

Post a Comment