Friday, July 9, 2010

DAY 40 (THE ZOO)

This morning we had an undocumented adventure to a friend's house, where Avery played with a kitty named Gracie.  Boy, those two were loving each other up!  I forgot to take my phone, so I didn't get any pictures of how cute they were.  But never fear!  Today was full of adventure!


The big adventure took place at the zoo.  Avery and I packed up a lunch and headed out to see the animals.  It is difficult to tell which activity was her favorite. She always talks about feeding giraffes crackers, but last time we went, she got scared.  But today, she fed three crackers to a giraffe eager to snatch them away. 






















A few minutes later, she got to ride a choo-choo train that she begged to ride a second time.  (I didn't succumb to her wishes, as we had plenty of adventure ahead of us.  And I was trying to fit it in before nap time!)  Next, she got to chase some chickens and pet a baby albino wallaby.  But after a trek up and down some killer hills, we stopped for lunch.  That's where I bribed her to eat part of a sandwich before riding a carousel.  She probably believed me when I said that horses won't let you ride them if your belly isn't full of peanut butter and jelly.  She had a grand time riding the carousel and later watching the hippos and apes. 





By the time we made it through the zoo, we were both ready for her to take a nap.  Unfortunately for me, she slept only 10 minutes in the car, thus botching the idea of a nap for the rest of the day.  Its a bummer when that happens.  But after some quiet time in her room, we set out for some more fun in the front yard.



Soon, Daddy and Uncle Ben came home.  Avery spent some giggle time with her human jungle gym, while I relaxed a bit on the porch.  Here is a video of Ben making Avery laugh. 



Well, today is our anniversary.  5 whole years of being married.  Woo Hoo!  (The spellchecker wanted my to write Homo just then!  Ha!) To celebrate, we did a little work on the yard, and watched Avery test out her new slide.  We needed to see how high to attach the slide so that its not too dangerous.  She was pretty excited to see it as well as give it a few test runs.  The yard is coming along nicely.  I can't wait until it is finished!



To end the evening, we had a late dinner picnic on the living room floor, brought to you by my favorite restaurant (Chili's).  I am putting Avery to bed in a few so that Scott and I can watch a movie.  Thanks for reading our blog!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment