Sunday, July 25, 2010

DAY 53 (Breckin's Birthday Party)

Okay, so I skipped days 52 and 53.  I am sure they were adventure-ful, but I didn't get any pictures.  During those days, Scott went back to work after a stay-cation, and I hired Cheston to watch Avery for a few hours each day so that I could begin to get some lesson plans together.  Also, on Friday, Christopher took Avery for another few hours so that I could have some girl time at a Lia Sophia Blingo night.  It was nice to get away for a few hours, and I even won a necklace!  While he was watching her, she went potty in the big girl potty again!  He said that she was showing off to her cousins.  Hey, whatever works, right?  Also, I noticed earlier in the week that my drivers license had expired on my birthday.  Woops, almost a whole month went by, and I hadn't a clue.  So I went to get a new license.  Normally, when planning for a trip to the DMV, I would take along a few paperback novels, a jug of water, a bar of soap, a toothbrush, and some camping gear, but I heard that the new DMV facility was set up nicely and would take but a few minutes to get in and out.  I only half believed it, so I settle on just taking a sleeping bag with me.

All morning, I practiced my pose for my new picture.  I hope it turns out okay!

 So everyone was right:  I was in and out of that place in under 10 minutes!  It really was a dream come true!


Alright.  So Day 53 of of Summer and Day 53 of the blog.  Today, Avery and I went to Breckin's house to celebrate his 1st birthday.   Avery wanted to paint him a painting first.  (But boo, we left it at home!)

 We enjoyed some yummy cake as well as all of the cool motion toys and the boxes they came in.  Everyone had a super time!   




Later, we visited Avery's cousins Anna, Sam, and Elizabeth.  Anna just learned how to ride a big girl bike yesterday, so I video-taped her new accomplishment!


No comments:

Post a Comment