Saturday, July 3, 2010

DAY 34 (PARK AND ICE CREAM)

Avery is really doing well sleeping in her big girl bed.  I have her "trained" now so that she will fall asleep as I am in the doorway.  She knows that I am there chilling out until she falls asleep.  The tough part is nap time though, when she sometimes doesn't think that she is ready to sleep.  But today was an awesome nap day.  She asked me to be in the doorway.  So I read a book while she played a bit.  But she eventually fell asleep on her own.  Yea!!!! It was a great mommy moment.  Since I was the only one around to congratulate myself, I just smiled at a teddy bear and patted myself on the back. 

After nap, we ventured out of the house to an antique market, where I bought some earrings, a broach, and an old fashion noise maker for Avery.  (The earrings are cool, but I didn't really look too close at them until I was in the car.  I am a bit disappointed to learn that they have cherubs on them.  Wacky.  Oh well.  I think that they are still cool anyway.)

Then we went to the park where we both slid down a metal slide.  It was a really long twin slide, where two people can slide down side by side.  It also had a "hill"  in the middle.  I took a video of it to show you all, but you can't really see much of the bumpy ride.  I was too worried about holding onto her. 


After our park adventure, we went to McDonald's for an ice cream cone.  I was pleased to learn that Avery is now big enough to actually play in the play area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment